There are over 20 million eHarmony members—this dating site remains some of the most popular online dating platforms in the world. But is it enough to join eHarmony and buy an eHarmony subscription for + per month? Our experts have tested the site, and now, we are ready to share our impressions in this eHarmony review. Just keep reading to find out if it can be a good dating service for you.
Overall eHarmony rating
eHarmony in 30 seconds
- Global online dating site with over 20 million members worldwide
- Created exclusively for people seeking a serious relationship with someone special
- Detailed eHarmony compatibility quiz makes advanced compatibility matching system work for every user
- Singles find love on the eHarmony dating site every 14 minutes
- One of the online dating sites with a nearly equal gender ratio—51% men to 49% women
- Members who want to send unlimited messages need to buy a premium Harmony subscription
- Average prices for premium membership plans compared to other dating sites
- The free trial doesn’t include that many good features
- eHarmony app is available on both Google Play and App Store
Who should or shouldn’t use eHarmony?
Pros & cons of using eHarmony
- Many members with RelyID verification badges
- Positive feedback from most customers, very low number of negative eHarmony reviews
- One of the best and most popular dating apps for both Android and iOS users
- Free members can see their compatibility score, too
- There’s a video date feature for premium members
- No free unlimited matches
- Profile photos are blurred for Standard users
- No self-written About Me section in profiles
eHarmony overview: Things you should know
eHarmony app and site are rightly considered some of the most popular online dating platforms. Now it has over 20 million members worldwide and over 5 million monthly visits. Another thing that makes eHarmony stand out is the gender ratio—there’s a nearly equal number of male and female users, most of whom are in their 20s and 30s. eHarmony offers some special communication features that can improve the online dating experience significantly, but the majority of them are available to members who purchase paid plans.
- Site name: eHarmony, e Harmony, eHarmony.com
- Paid or free: Paid with some basic free features and a limited free trial
- Average sign-up time: 20 minutes, more than on most other dating sites
- Paid membership pricing: Starts at $17.95 per month (with a discount for new members)
Now let’s proceed to the main services of the website to see if it can meet your needs and expectations.
eHarmony attracts tens of thousands of new members worldwide monthly, and the quality of the features is one of the reasons why so many people choose this platform. So, let’s take a look at the tools and services that make it stand out.
- Compatibility quiz and matching system. Unlike many other online dating sites, eHarmony focuses on finding the best potential matches more than on anything else, and considering that the site has already connected 2+ million people, this approach actually works. Members can see the compatibility score in every profile they browse, and premium users can also see the in-depth analysis of the personality type.
- Profile check and verification. Every member can’t get a very detailed personality profile even without uploading a photo, but the site encourages users to add them, and it does it by offering some important perks. Each picture is checked, and if it passes verification, a user gets a lot more attention as a verified member, and those who refuse to add photos can’t contact others as their profiles aren’t complete.
- Video date feature. Yes, there’s also video chat, and it may be especially useful for people seeking long-term relationships with someone who lives in another city or even another country.
- Smiles and favorites. Those who are using the free version of the site can also send free smiles and add others to favorites, which makes it possible for a user to notify other members that they are interested in a conversation.
Of course, there’s also standard messaging, access to the list of people who’ve visited a profile, and the opportunity to set match preferences (this is a version of the standard advanced search feature). So, considering that the selection of tools is pretty good and that there are some special services like video chat and good matching service, the site gets 9 out of 10 points for its set of features.
Those who want to use the best features of the eHarmony dating site can upgrade their accounts by getting a premium membership plan, and the options are as follows:
- Premium Light for 6 months—$65.90 per month
- Premium Plus for 12 month—$45.90 per month ($22.95 with a discount for the first 3 months for first-time buyers)
- Premium Extra for 24 month—$35.90 per month ($17.94 with a discount for the first 3 months for first-time buyers)
The prices of using the eHarmony app or site are average, but is eHarmony worth the money? Considering the quality of profiles and availability of some premium features, yes, it’s worth it. Also, members don’t have to buy credits and control their spending. Nonetheless, there could be more features available to Basic members—they could at least see the photos without upgrading their membership plans. That’s why we give the site 8 points out of 10 for the pricing policy.
What about the quality of profiles on the eHarmony site? Well, the system has its benefits and drawbacks. Let’s take a look at all the main sections and analyze them in more detail.
- Introduction. This is nearly the only section written by a member themselves, and it can be more or less detailed depending on the user (most are rather short phrases than long self-descriptions).
- About Me. This is not a standard section but the section with questions that members choose and answer when signing up. It’s fun to read, and it really can help one learn more about the member.
- Lifestyle. Here, you can see the icons that show the interests, hobbies, and traveling preferences a member has, and also what their favorite sports, food, and drinks are.
- Basics. Basic details are displayed on the right side of the page and are pretty informative. You can learn more about a user’s occupation, education, marital status, religion, political views, etc.
- Photos. Most members have at least 1-2 photos, as you need to complete your profile to start sending messages, but they are blurred for all the Basic members.
On the one hand, all the profiles on a dating app/site are pretty detailed. You can see your compatibility score, as well as a lot of details, but it’s not that easy to understand who this person is just by learning them all. Profiles are missing good self-descriptions that often tell you about a person more than all the icons and scores, and the photos are blurred for non-paying users, so we give the site 7 out of 10 points for the profile quality.
Ease of use
Every adult user can create an eHarmony account pretty easily (it just takes time) and join the community. The site is pretty easy to use, and the eHarmony application is definitely one of the best mobile dating apps in the market in terms of usability. The platform works equally well for beginners and experienced online daters, so we give it 9 out of 10 points for design and interface.
eHarmony is one of the most popular global dating sites that will work especially well for a single person looking for a serious relationship. Unlike many other dating apps and sites, it focuses on compatibility more than anything else, offering a compatibility quiz that improves the chance of finding a perfect match significantly.
It works pretty much like most dating sites. Registration is free, but the sign-up process will take more time as every new member needs to take a compatibility quiz. Then all the eHarmony members are encouraged to add more details to send messages and use some free features. Those who want to enjoy unlimited messaging and see all the photos need to buy one of the premium membership plans.
The cost of the cheapest Premium plan with a discount starts at $17.95. The cost of the cheapest plan without a discount starts at $35.90 per month. You can find more information on the site’s pricing policy in our eHarmony review.
There’ll be the Upgrade Now button next to your profile picture on the home page. Press it and choose a premium membership play you’d like to purchase. Then enter your credit card number and choose a payment option—monthly, quarterly, bi-annual, or one-time payment.
Click on your profile picture and choose Data & Settings. Then scroll down the page until you see the Profile Visibility section. Click the link to permanently delete your account, enter your password and choose the reason why you’re leaving. Then, your profile will be removed from the site.