SilverSingles is promoted as the best dating site for older women and men looking for true love. But what’s the likelihood it will actually work for a single mature woman or a man who’d like to meet a peer and start a serious relationship? We analyzed and tested the platform to share all our findings in our in-depth SilverSingles review.
Silver Singles is a dating site designed exclusively for singles in their 50s and older. It is known for its extensive personality test and powerful matchmaking algorithms.
Overall SilverSingles rating
SilverSingles in 30 seconds
- One of the most popular niche dating sites with over 1.3 million monthly visits
- Created exclusively for older users who’d like to start serious relationships with someone special
- Every newcomer must take a personality test before they can use the site
- Matchmaking is an alternative to standard search filters, potential partners are suggested by algorithms
- Have You Met? swiping feature allows finding more matches on the website
- Most user pages are detailed, with very few fake profiles on the dating website
- There’s the Silver Singles dating app, but only premium members can use it
- Messaging gets unlimited after a user makes a payment, and the costs start at $17.95 per month
Who is and isn’t Silver Singles for?
Pros & cons of using Silver Singles
- In-depth personality test, an opportunity to learn more about yourself and potential partners
- Transparent policies and reasonable prices compared to other niche online dating sites
- Intuitive interface, modern and polished design
- Compatibility scores with matches estimated for every single person on the website
- Detailed profiles, very few fake accounts
- No free trial
- Free members can only see blurred pictures
- No video chat
SilverSingles overview: things you should know
Silver Singles is a dating site that was created for mature women and men seeking relationships with peers. The platform was launched in 2002 and now has over a million monthly visits, 96% of which are from the United States. Around 18% of registered members are aged 45-54, 22%—55-64, and around 19% of users are 65+ years old. Everyone who’s going to join the SilverSingles dating platform must take a personality test to make the algorithms work. Members see their best matches and compatibility scores and communicate via text messages.
- Site Name: Silver Singles, SilverSingles, SilverSingles.com, previously known as Silver Seniors Meet
- Free or Paid: Paid with limited free features
- Average Sign-Up Time: 20 minutes
- Premium Membership Prices: Start at $17.95 per month
The set of features is what makes every online dating site unique, and of course, Silver Singles is no exception. Here are some tools and services that make this dating app and website stand out in the market:
- Personality test. The registration process on the SilverSingles online dating site isn’t that simple—you need to take a personality test with dozens of questions, but each answer will help the algorithm estimate your compatibility score with all other users.
- Messaging, smiles, and likes. There are no super-special or advanced features for communication on the website, but all the basic yet effective tools are available. Free members can send smiles and like profiles, while premium members can also start a conversation with any user, and the online messenger works great.
- WildCard matches. SilverSingles matchmaking process isn’t that complex—the algorithm finds matches whose values, interests, and even behavioral patterns are similar to yours. However, sometimes, a match doesn’t have to literally be perfect, and if someone doesn’t meet only one of your criteria of a perfect partner, you’ll still be able to see their profile on the WildCard Matches list.
- The Have You Met feature. If you’re tired of looking through the profiles of suggested matches, you can use an alternative feature—the good old swiping, and meet more new people on the platform.
- Read receipts. The SilverSingles dating site can work as a great messenger—once a premium member sends a message and it’s read by the recipient, they get notified about that immediately.
Generally speaking, there are many things that SilverSingles members can do on the website, and most importantly, they all help them find the right people and get to know each other better online to then meet in real life. That’s why we give the dating platform 9 out of 10 points for the quality of its features.
Of course, the availability of some free features doesn’t make the SilverSingles dating site free. SilverSingles users still need to buy premium plans to see all the photos and communicate, and currently, the prices for using the premium version of this online dating service are as follows:
- Premium light (1 month) — $44.95 per month
- Premium classic (3 months) — $18.95 per month (17% discount from the regular price)
- Premium comfort (6 months) — $17.95 per month
Note that the prices are provided considering the current discounts for new SilverSingles members. All in all, Silver Singles isn’t cheap but it’s not extremely expensive either, so we give it 7.5 out of 10 for its pricing policy.
There are a lot of great profiles on this dating app and website, and this is explained by the policy of the company. You can’t use this online dating service without answering dozens of questions, and the results will be displayed right on your personal page, which makes it much easier for other users to understand who they’re going to approach.
Most users also share good photos, but free members can’t see them before they buy a premium membership plan. Also, members who want to get more attention on the platform usually write a self-description and answer some additional questions on the things they’re thankful for, terms that describe them, things that their partner should know about them, etc. Though it’s optional, around 70% of users share such information on the website.
So, we must admit that there are a lot of high-quality, thoughtful, and sometimes even creative profiles on the SilverSingles dating site. Personality test results are more than helpful for someone searching for a perfect match. However, seeing them and nothing but them would be too boring, so self-descriptions help users learn even more about a potential partner. Most profiles include photos—we failed to find at least 10 profiles without them. Still, there are no profile videos or verification, and that’s the only reason why we give the dating site 9 out of 10 and not 10 out of 10 points for profile quality.
Ease of use
This online dating platform is modern, polished, and has an intuitive interface. Both a person who’s completely new to online dating and an experienced online dater who’s just joined the community will understand how the entire system works easily and in less than 10 minutes. So, in our opinion, SilverSingles deserves 9.5 out of 10 points for its usability.
So, what’s the verdict of our SilverSingles review? Well, it’s a niche site that works for a specific category of singles, which greatly improves its efficiency by narrowing the search to the best potential matches only. However, here, all the members are premium members—using this online dating platform without a premium plan just doesn’t make much sense, but access to all premium services and features gets unlimited right after you make a payment. Should you use it? Consider your own priorities, and you’ll make the right choice.
Silver Singles is an online dating site designed exclusively for mature and senior singles looking for someone special. On this platform, algorithms find matches based on your specific dating preferences, and you can see your compatibility score with every user registered on the website. If you want to learn more about it, you’ll find all the information in our in-depth SilverSingles review.
First, you need to create a SilverSingles dating profile and take a personality test with a lot of questions and mini-tests with pictures for new users. After that, you’ll be able to see your matches. However, on the free version of this dating site, members can’t see photos and contact others, so the next stage is getting a premium plan. You can find more details on every single process in our SilverSingles review.
It depends on how much time you’re going to spend on the site. If you’re sure you’ll find a perfect match pretty soon, you can get a 1-month plan for $44.95 per month. If you aren’t so optimistic and suppose you may want to return to the dating scene from time to time, you can get a 3-month or a 6-month plan for $18.95 per month or $17.95 per month, respectively.
Click on the Become a Premium Member banner at the top of the dashboard page—this will take you to the payment page. Select the plan that seems to work best for you and make a purchase.
Click your profile picture on the Main Menu, then click My Account. Go to the Personal Details section and find the Delete My Account block with an explanation. Click the link Here in the very last section of the explanation provided by the company and follow further instructions.