Today, there are many dating sites for different types of relationships: from serious relationships and marriage to one-night stands and casual flings. As you’ve probably guessed, WannaHookup is one of the latter, but is it better or worse than its competitors? How much will you spend on this site and what will you get? You’ll find all the information about the website, the costs, pros, cons, and special features, in this WannaHookup review.
WannaHookup is a dating website designed exclusively for adults looking for all types of casual relationships from real hookups to fantasy talks.
Overall WannaHookup rating
WannaHookup in 30 seconds
- One of the top online dating sites in the adult dating segment
- 90% of registered members are from the United States
- No mobile dating app, but the website is mobile optimized
- Accepts all adult members regardless of their relationship goals and sexual preferences
- Works for people seeking real hookups, fantasy talks, affairs, etc.
- Messaging is the main communication feature
- Members get bonuses from the company to test premium services
- Users don’t have to buy subscriptions to communicate, credits are offered instead
Who is and isn’t WannaHookup for?
Pros & cons of using WannaHookup
- Fast registration process, ease of use
- Active users, great opportunities for communicating
- Anonymous payments shown as TRF service
- No subscription and payment autorenewals
- Transparent policies
- Very mixed website in terms of profile quality
- No mobile app, can be used only on mobile browser
- No free unlimited messaging
WannaHookup overview: Things you should know
Though WannaHookup is a relatively new website (it was launched in 2018), it already has over 600,000 monthly visits on average. On top of that, activity on the site grows by around 30% every month, too, so the community is getting larger. The platform is promoted as an American service and is owned by an American company—TRF Networks, and over 98% of its users are located in the United States.
- Site name: WannaHookup, Wanna Hook Up, Wannahookup.com
- Paid or free: Premium dating website with some free features
- Average sign-up time: 4 minutes
- Paid membership pricing: From $39.95 for 1,250 credits to $399.95 for 17,500 credits
So, what does this dating website offer in terms of features? Currently, WannaHookup members can do the following:
- Edit their profiles. Every new member can easily create a great profile without paying any extra fees. Sharing photos is also free of charge.
- View profiles. Access to profiles is free and unlimited, and so is access to photos. Members can also request more photos from anyone on the site.
- Send winks. It’s an easy way to let someone attractive know you’re interested in having a conversation, but unfortunately, it’s not a free feature on WannaHookup.
- Send private messages. Undoubtedly, an opportunity to unlock messaging is the main reason why WannaHookup members buy credits. Users can not only send messages but also attach media files and send stickers.
- Read messages and see their profile viewers. If you aren’t sure whether you are ready to upgrade your account and buy some credits, you can evaluate your popularity on the site. Access to profile viewers, as well as reading messages sent by others, is free.
- Contact customer support. A user can send a support request at any time by filling in a contact form on the site.
So, that’s a standard set of features for a casual dating site. WannaHookup doesn’t offer anything special or sophisticated. The system is simple—you create a profile, get some credits, and chat, chat, chat. On the one hand, it seems to be a drawback as members can’t make video calls or send virtual gifts, but on the other hand, that’s the main idea of the site—simplicity of communication and in particular, sexting. Also, each feature works properly, the site isn’t buggy and no extra fees are charged. All in all, we can give the site 8 points out of 10 for the selection and quality of services.
Using the site is completely free until you’re going to send a message (100 credits) or a wink (50 credits). Currently, members can choose among the following packs of credits:
Credits aren’t cheap, but considering that messages can be long, you won’t spend too much if you choose matches wisely. Also, there are regular discounts, a bonus for newcomers, and some special offers that allow cutting costs significantly, so we can give the site 8.5 points out of 10 for its pricing policy.
Profiles on the site are well-structured, and most members prefer to make them more or less detailed. Here’s what you’ll see if you browse a random profile page on the site:
- Photos — 1 to 5 profile pictures, most users prefer to add at least 2 photos, and nearly all agree to send more in private messages
- About me — age, location, gender
- Appearance — body type, height, eye color, hair color, tattoos, piercings
- Preference & interests — looking for (sex, secret affairs, FWB, etc.), interests (mostly sexual preferences)
There is no section for users to write bios in. It would be a serious problem for most other sites, but again, WannaHookup is a site for sexual encounters, so Preference & Interests turns out to be the most important section with the information a user definitely needs to know about another member.
There may be some fake profiles, but creating fake accounts here doesn’t make much sense considering that messaging isn’t free. Most users also prefer to add at least a few photos and as we’ve mentioned previously, you can ask anyone to add more whether in private messages or just by sending a request. So, we give the site 8.3 out of 10 points for profile quality.
Ease of use
The site is very easy to use. There are no multiple advanced features, the design is polished, and the interface is super user-friendly. All the features can be accessed with just one click, you can see whether a user has multiple or just one photo right on the Search Results page, and the mobile optimization lets you use the site without any problem on any device. That’s why in our opinion, the site deserves 9.5 out of 10 points for its usability.
Is WannaHookup legit or is WannaHookup a scam? WannaHookup is legit, and it has a transparent policy that is appreciated by thousands of registered users. You can get all the information on the site even before you sign up, and though it has both positive and negative comments like any other website on the web, if you’re looking for casual dates, sexting, and hot content, you should have a good experience on WannaHookup.com.
WannaHookup is an adult dating platform where people can find a hot partner, chat, exchange hot photos, and more. It’s a freemium website—creating a profile, access to profiles, as well as search are entirely free while messaging costs credits.
A user creates an account on the dating website (it’s completely free and takes just a few minutes), gets 100 bonus credits, accesses profiles, and uses search. Once they run out of credits they can buy more to keep communicating with others. You can find more information on how the system works in our guide or other WannaHookup reviews.
A member decides how much they’re going to spend on the site. A user will spend 100 credits to start chatting, and the costs of credits range from $39.95 for 1,250 credits to $399.95 for 17,500 credits (the max bonus amount for purchase is 2,500 free credits).
Just press the yellow Buy Credits button at the top right corner of the main page, choose a package, and make a payment.
Go to your Account Settings, scroll down the page, and click Delete Account. Confirm that you want to leave the site, and your information will be deleted.