Elite Singles is a unique website that’s supposed to connect exclusively educated singles. But does it really work for people with at least a bachelor’s degree, or maybe it’s just a marketing ploy? Find all the answers in this Elite Singles review.
Elite Singles is one of the first websites out there designed for educated singles only. It offers a great personality test and match suggestions based on detailed information and your personal compatibility score.
Overall Elite Singles rating
Elite Singles in 30 seconds
- A dating site created exclusively for educated singles
- 13 million members worldwide
- 90% of the audience is from the United States
- Great but lengthy personality test, opportunity to see your detailed personality profile
- Matching is based on the personality test results and compatibility score
- No search, potential matches are suggested by the Elite Singles algorithm
- Viewing a user’s dating profile is free, but photos are blurred for free users
- The cost of a premium membership plan starts at $27.95 per month
- Elite Singles online dating app is available on both Google Play Store and App Store
Who is and isn’t Elite Singles for?
Pros & cons of using Elite Singles
- Works perfectly for a specific target audience—educated professionals seeking serious relationships
- Personality tests help better understand yourself and your potential partners
- Great matchmaking algorithms
- All basic communication features are available
- Members can get an Elite Singles app on both app stores
- Very limited free features
- No search filters
- No video chat
Elite Singles overview: things you should know
Elite Singles was launched in 2013, and since that time, it has gained over 13 million members worldwide. The website is the most popular in the United States, the United Kingdom, and Canada. The gender ratio on Elite Singles is nearly equal—it’s 45% women to 55% men. It is a platform that connects educated people; members need to upgrade to premium to start sending messages.
- Site Name: EliteSingles, Elite Singles, EliteSingles.com
- Paid or Free: Paid with some free features
- Average Sign-Up Time: 15 minutes
- Paid Membership Price: From $27.95 per month
Let’s move on to one of the most important parts of our Elite Singles review—the analysis of features that distinguish Elite Singles from other online dating sites and apps.
- Results of the personality test. One of the main advantages of this dating site is the extensive personality test. You can get the results and learn a lot about your personality traits, values, and behavior overall, and though you can see the detailed results only if you upgrade to premium, you will be able to view the results of the personality test of another user even as a Standard member.
- The Have You Met feature. This is the good old swiping, and it works great on this dating site. You see not the random Elite Singles members but profiles of users that were chosen by matchmaking algorithms. As usual, you can like a profile, or rather send a smile, or skip it and move on to other profiles.
- Matchmaking & Wildcard matches. We’ve already mentioned that there’s a matchmaking algorithm that connects users on this dating website. It works using the information that a user provided when taking a personality test, and its suggestions are pretty accurate. Also, there are the Wildcard matches—members who meet most of your criteria except for one, so you can give this person a chance instead of skipping their profile.
- Read receipts. If you’re a Premium user, you’ll be notified when another member reads your message.
- Elite Singles Magazine. Elite Singles members can not only use communication features, get support, etc. but also learn important information from the articles written by Elite Singles dating experts.
So, there are a lot of great features, and though you can’t use all of them for free on this online dating site, in our opinion, Elite Singles still deserves to get 9 out of 10 for its services.
Elite Singles members prefer to upgrade their membership plans for one simple reason—it unlocks messaging. However, Premium users also can use plenty of other special features that significantly improve the experience. Currently, the costs for Elite Singles premium membership are as follows:
- Premium classic (1-month membership) — $54.95/month (29% discount from the regular price)
- Premium light (3-month membership) — $37.95/month
- Premium comfort (6-month membership) — $27.95/month
Elite Singles isn’t one of the cheap dating sites but also not one of the most expensive ones. There are fixed prices for premium membership plans, users don’t have to buy credits and control their spending, and all the premium features are unlocked after a user upgrades. Basically, that’s why we give Elite Singles 8 out of 10 points for its pricing policy.
Profiles on Elite Singles are a bit different from profiles you can see on other dating apps and websites. First of all, you can’t just set a few filters and see people who meet your basic criteria—you can see matches instead, and they’re suggested based on your compatibility score. Here’s what you’ll see in any of your matches’ profiles:
- Compatibility score—on Elite singles, you see the score right on the profile picture and can contact the members who have the highest level of compatibility (100, 95, 85) with you.
- Profile photos—for standard members, they are blurred, but once you upgrade, you can see all the photos shared by others, and there are usually at least two pictures in a typical profile.
- Personality—these are the results of the personality test, so you can learn a lot about the user before sending a message.
- Basic details—occupation, height, ethnicity, education, children, etc.
There are also extra sections like About Me, Dating, Hobbies & Interests, but they will be displayed only if a member has already answered questions on these topics, and unfortunately, not all the users do it.
Still, we must admit that most Elite Singles profiles are very detailed, and every member can learn more about a potential partner than on any other dating app or website as the results of the personality test can be viewed by every registered user. That’s why we give Elite Singles 9 out of 10 points for the high-quality women & men’s profiles. We would probably give 10 out of 10 if there were profile videos and profile verification.
Ease of use
Elite Singles is an intuitive, modern website. There are no unnecessary elements and links, the design is minimalistic, and any section can be accessed just with one click. Even if you’ve never been using a dating app or a dating site before, you’ll easily figure out how the system works and will be able to use Elite Singles right away. So, we give this online dating platform 9 out of 10 points for usability.
So, what’s the verdict of our Elite Singles review? It’s definitely a niche site that works for a specific category of people. If you’d like to start a serious relationship with one of the educated women or men, if you pay attention to personality more than anything else, if you want to date inside your age group, and if you prefer texting instead of writing long love letters, you can join Elite Singles to get an exceptional online dating experience.
Elite Singles is an online dating site that was designed exclusively for singles with above-average education who take matchmaking very seriously. Most educated singles on Elite Singles are also looking for serious relationships rather than something casual. You can learn more about the dating site from our Elite Singles review.
Elite Singles works pretty much like many other dating apps and websites, but there are a few differences as well. First, you need to take a lengthy personality test to make the intelligent matchmaking system work. Then you can see compatibility scores and communicate, but free membership features are limited, so most users prefer to become premium members to find their perfect match.
Joining Elite Singles is completely free, but if you’re going to get a paid membership plan, you’ll need to spend money. The price depends on the duration of the plan. If you buy a 1-month premium membership, you’ll pay $54.95, and if you buy a 3-month membership, the monthly cost will be $37.95. A 6-month subscription will cost you $27.95 a month.
You can do it right after you create an Elite Singles profile—all new users are redirected to the Payment page. You can also do it later by clicking on the Become a Premium Member banner.
Click on your profile picture and go to the My Account Section. Scroll down the page to find the Personal Details section and click the link Here to delete your account. Choose the reason why you are leaving, enter your password—and your data will be removed from the dating site.