If you are looking for JDate reviews, you’re in the right place. Here, you’ll find all the information on this online dating site, its Jewish community, members’ relationship goals, features, and pricing.
JDate is a niche dating site created exclusively for Jewish singles. It accepts users worldwide and has around 400,000 members, over 86% of whom are from the United States.
Overall JDate rating
JDate in 30 Seconds
- An international dating site designed for Jewish singles only
- Every adult Jewish can join the community for free
- You can’t create a JDate profile without adding a photo
- The site works well for marriage-minded singles and people seeking serious relationships
- There’s a free version of JDate but it rather helps newcomers to learn more about the community
- Paid members can get premium plans for a fixed prices
- Unlimited messaging is a paid feature
- Low number of fake profiles, good moderation system
- Both iOS and Android users can get the JDate app for free on App Store or Google Play Store
Who Is and Isn’t JDate For?
Pros & Cons of Using JDate
- Active and friendly community of Jewish singles
- Most members have similar relationship goals
- Many special features, for example, members can browse anonymously
- Fixed prices for premium membership plans
- Pretty detailed profiles
- No free trial
- Access to JDate photos is limited for non-paying members
JDate Overview: Things You Should Know
Let’s start our in-depth JDate review with some basic information on the site. JDate was launched in 2007 in LA and since then, it’s been known as one of the most popular Jewish dating sites in the world with over 400,000 registered users in the US, UK, Israel, and some other countries. The site has a good reputation and many success stories, as evidenced by multiple positive JDate dating site reviews.
- Site Name: JDate, J Date, JDate.com
- Paid or Free: Paid with some free features
- Average Sign-Up Time: 4 minutes
- Cost of Premium Plans: From 29.99 per month
So, what exactly can a person who’s going to create a profile on JDate expect from this dating site? We explain how all the best features of the platform work below.
- Messaging. On this dating site, messaging is a paid feature. Only premium users can enjoy unlimited communication, and we must admit that the online messenger works pretty well—you won’t have to worry about speed or bugs.
- Setting discovery preferences. Discovery preferences work like search filters that you can apply right in your profile settings. This feature works great as you don’t have to do anything to find the most compatible singles in your area, and by the way, match percentage will be displayed in every profile.
- Going Invisible. If you don’t want your profile to appear on Browse and Matches, you can change the Profile Display Controls setting and hide it without any difficulty.
- Read receipts. You’ll be notified when another user reads your message, which improves the experience and makes the site work more like a top online messenger, too.
- Anonymous mode. On JDate, you can see your profile viewers. If you don’t want your profile to be shown on other members’ Profile Viewers list, you can just change the settings and use the dating site as an anonymous member.
- Safety and dating advice. Another thing that we liked about the site is that both free and paying members get useful tips on how not to get scammed on the platform (we appreciate that the team of JDate realizes and admits that even the best security system can’t provide 100% safety) and how to attract the right person.
JDate members can not only send messages—there are many more features that improve the online dating experience for users and increase their chances of finding a perfect match. There are no advanced tools like video chat, but considering that this is not the site for long-distance dating, it can’t be considered a serious drawback. So, in our opinion, the site deserves 9 out of 10 points for its set of features.
Free users can’t do much on the site—they can only browse profiles, send winks, and see a profile photo. Those who want to use all the features, including messaging, can choose between the following premium membership plans:
- 1-month JDate subscription — $59.99
- 3-month premium plan — $134.97 ($44.99 per month)
- 6-month premium plan — $179.94 ($29.99 per month)
Jewish singles who upgrade their accounts unlock all the premium features, no exception. So, though premium plans aren’t cheap, paid members don’t have to make any extra payments, and there are no hidden costs. Considering that and the fact that it’s a niche dating site for Jewish singles and no one but them, we give JDate 8.5 points out of 10 for its pricing policy.
Most users note the high quality of profiles in their JDate reviews, and we can’t help but agree with them. On this dating app, the moderation system works great, and all the new members are encouraged to add more information and just aren’t able to join the community of Jewish singles without uploading a profile picture. All the photos shared on the site must meet certain criteria and are manually checked by moderators.
Here’s what we could see when browsing a random profile of one of the Jewish singles on the site:
- Username, age, and location
- Match percentage (your level of compatibility)
- About Me
- Looking for
- Last online status
So, everything depends on the user. For example, you can find a Jewish single person who adds 5 photos and has a long self-description or a user with just one profile photo and short profile headline. However, you can always learn more about one’s religious beliefs (members can choose between lots of options like Culturally Jewish, Modern Orthodox, Traditional, etc.), things they are looking for in a partner, and interests. There could have been profile videos, though, but profiles look good overall and really allow you to learn more about potential matches on JDate. Also, we failed to find any obviously fake profiles So, we believe that the site deserves 8.5 out of 10 points for the profile quality.
Ease of Use
What about usability and design? Well, JDate looks like a good modern dating app is supposed to look—it’s user-friendly, polished, and minimalistic. Even if you have never used online dating sites or apps before, you’ll hardly experience any difficulty on this platform. There is also a great JDate FAQ and guide for beginners, so you can find all the answers to all the most common and important questions easily. That’s why we give JDate 9.5 out of 10 points for its usability.
So, what’s the verdict of our JDate review? I believe it’s one of the best places for Jewish singles to find love. The site has a lot of success stories, and I believe this is not only due to the selection and quality of features but also to the concept and policies. Here, moderation is strict, and Jewish traditions are important, and members are genuinely motivated to find partners—all this together allows Jewish singles to narrow the search to the best matches only and meet their relationship goals quickly, easily, and at a reasonable price.
JDate is a Jewish dating site that accepts users worldwide but has most members in the United States. Though it’s one of the online dating sites that doesn’t restrict access for singles seeking casual dating, most JDate users are looking for serious relationships and marriage.
Generally speaking, it works pretty much like other niche dating sites. However, there are a few things that make it stand out. It’s only for Jewish people who can join the community for free. All profiles are carefully moderated, and suspicious accounts are immediately suspended.
Free members can buy premium membership plans, and the costs start at 29.99 a month (that’s the price for paid members who’ve chosen the 6-month plan, monthly prices for 1-month plan and 3-month plans are higher.)
You’ll be able to upgrade your account immediately after you complete registration—you’ll be redirected to the payment page, so you can get a premium plan even before seeing JDate profiles. If you skip it at this stage, you’ll be able to pay for premium membership at any time by pressing the Get All the Features blue button in the top right corner of the Main Page.
Click on your profile picture and go to Account Settings. Choose Profile Display Settings and find the Permanently Delete Profile link at the bottom of the page. Follow the link, choose the reason why you’re leaving the JDate app or site, enter your password, and your profile and all your data will be removed from the platform.