San Diego is a city with a very positive vibe. People here are open to acquaintances. To improve your dating experience, we have prepared a list of the best dating sites in San Diego and interesting statistics about dating in the city.
Top 5 San Diego Dating Sites in 2023
Why are these the best sites for dating in San Diego?
We’ve chosen these sites as the best in San Diego based on 7 main factors:
- Good reputation and popularity. Our team analyzed what people have to say about each site and if they are popular.
- Size of the user base. All of the platforms we chose have a large and diverse member base that can potentially help you meet compatible matches.
- Niche. We selected both regular and casual dating sites that work for the area. Not all platforms are currently popular in the US, but they still show quite nice results in San Diego compared to other cities that are similar in size.
- Member policies and safety. Before choosing any of the popular dating sites for our top, we ensure that it meets our standards for safety.
- User-friendly interfaces. We believe that comfort is of utmost importance when it comes to online dating. That’s why all of the sites in our top are user-friendly.
- Matching and searching. To find the most compatible San Diego singles, a convenient search or matching algorithm on a website is a must. And all of the platforms from our top-5 meet these criteria.
- Costs. We picked sites in the middle price range, to make the search for potential partners in San Diego more accessible.
Overall, our recommendations are simply decent options to consider for San Diego dating in our opinion. Yet, what site to choose to meet singles from the city is totally up to you.
What’s the dating scene like in San Diego?
The city is known for its beautiful beaches and slow-paced lifestyle. It’s a city with its own vibe, but it also draws a diverse mix of other singles. That’s why let’s explore the dating scene in the paradise of Southern California.
Demographic groups with the highest activity in San Diego
Let’s explore the dating scene in the city from the groups of San Diego singles you can meet:
- 👩🎓 Students 👨🎓
In 2021, there were around 130K students enrolled in colleges and universities in the area.
- 💍 People looking for a serious relationship
63.6% of San Diego singles are looking for a long-term relationship or serious commitment.
- 🛏️ Individuals who are interested in casual dating 💦
Many singles in San Diego use dating apps and chat rooms to find one-night stands. Also, casual bars and clubs, speed dating, and singles events are common places for San Diegoans searching for little fun and casual hookups.
- 🤑 Guys and girls interested in sugar relationships 💸
UC San Diego ranked 69th in the top 100 sugar baby universities, indicating that mutually beneficial relationships are popular enough in the city.
- 🌎 Singles interested in international dating ✈️
It’s worth mentioning that 25.6% of people in the city have a foreign origin (most popular are Mexican, Filipino, and Chinese). This indicates that people from San Diego are open to cross-cultural relationships. Many singles who live in the city use the best dating apps and sites for international dating.
From the statistics above you can see that singles of 18-30 years are the most active in San Diego. Also, all types of relationships from casual dates to committed relationships are popular. And, by the way, San Diego ranked as the 11th best city for dating in the United States.
San Diego online dating statistics
Here are some stats for San Diego dating trends online:
- According to the research, 53% of people under 30 have ever used a dating site. And with age, a San Diego dating app usage drops to 37% of 30-49-year-olds, 20% of 50-64-year-olds, and 13% of those who are over 65.
- 44% of US adults use dating apps to find long-term partners
- The LGBTQ+ community is more likely to use a San Diego dating app or site for dating if compared to straight. The ratio is 51% to 28% of dating app usage.
- 1-in-10 married couples say that they meet each other online
As you can see many San Diegoans are open to using online dating opportunities to form real connections. They don’t limit themselves in their love life and have a good balance of online and offline search for dates regardless of age. Though, there are more people under 40 searching for matches on dating apps.
Key takeaways about dating in San Diego
Here are 5 Facts about dating in San Diego:
- San Diego ranks #24 among the best dating cities
- San Diego beats Los Angeles by 13 as the best dating city
- San Diego’s dating satisfaction rate is 62.34
- The percentage of social satisfaction in San Diego is 81.14
- For comparison, in Sacramento, the percentage of satisfaction is 27.9%
And here are more statistics on the San Diego dating scene that are worth knowing if you looking for a real relationship in California and want to explore your chances:
Total population in San Diego:
- 1.3 million
Population by age:
- the median age is 35.4 years
- 18 to 64 years make up 72.8%
- 65 years and over take 13.6%
- the rest are children
Population by gender:
- 50.4% are male
- 49.6 are female
Singles by gender:
- Never married — 44% of men and 36% of women
- divorced—8% of men and 12% of women
- widowed—2% of men and 6% of women
Tips for dating in San Diego
Starting a short-term or long-term relationship in San Diego is not a challenge as there are many singles in the city. But to score that date you can use these tips we gathered for you:
- Join a San Diego dating app or site. As you saw from the stats above, many singles want to find love online. When registering on the dating app add 5+ good profile pictures, communicate about your dating goals, and don’t be afraid of that awkward small talk and contact other users on the dating app.
- Go outside. San Diego has so many beaches and parks, and therefore people there are fond of various outdoor activities. And you can pick a stunning location for your first dates who you meet on the website.
- Try to be open-minded. The city is very diverse and is home to people from different cultural backgrounds. That’s why being respectful to a person you’ll ask on a date is a must.
San Diego is quite a calm city, so don’t try to worry about going out of your way to meet friends and get dates, just relax and have fun!
San Diego is a great place to search for love and friends. Its natural landscape was designed to have that romantic date on the beach. So, if you are exploring all possible options, this city should be on your list, as it is definitely worth your time. And considering personal research, I can say that using a San Diego dating app or site is the most effective way to seek matches.
The choice of the best dating site or dating app in San Diego depends on your particular goal. Try Seeking, Ashley Madison, and Adult Friend Finder for casual dates. And if you are into international relationships, explore TheLuckyDate or JollyRomance.
San Diego was rated as the 11th best city for dating in the US, which makes it a good location for a love search. It works both for straight and LGBTQ+ relationships, as well as for people of all ages.
San Diego provides many opportunities to meet new people, but finding a match in San Diego can still be challenging. Most singles choose to use a dating app to make their search easier.
Yes. The convenience and accessibility of dating platforms make many people in San Diego create detailed profiles online to meet potential romantic partners. The increased popularity is a result of pandemics with its social distancing and lack of in-person interactions. And suitable dating apps can help to connect with potential matches fast based on shared interests, likes, and location, which make them so popular.