Relationships with police officers include mixed emotions. You will feel at the same time protected and vulnerable with a cop. We talk about this and other pros and cons in our guide. You’ll also find tips for developing relationships with cops and attractive dating profiles of the representatives of this profession for dating here.
What’s it like dating a cop?
A relationship with a cop is not about a calm life. You have to accept that your partner has a difficult job and constantly puts himself in danger. In addition, people of this profession couldn’t usually cannot pay enough attention to their beloved ones spending weekends and vacations together; they often spend their vacations trying to solve another administrative issue.
With a cop, your life is not always stable. But at the same time, when your beloved guardian of order is next to you, you understand that it is impossible to imagine a more reliable person.
Pros & Cons of dating a cop
- Calmness and reliability. Cops tend to be people who have everything under control. They are born leaders and know how to cope with life’s difficulties. Next to your partner, you can relax and enjoy life.
- Excellent physical shape. Most cops exercise regularly, and you will enjoy improving your health and skills with your partner, if you want to.
- Mental strength. If you prefer stable people, want to learn from them, or just need a partner who rarely loses control, a cop would be your perfect choice.
- Schedules. You probably won’t be surprised if we say that cops work hard. However, they may have night shifts and frequent detached duties.
- They have enemies. You must understand that the policeman is fighting criminals. Often he opposes very influential people. So his life is always a little in danger.
- The risk of PTSD. Different situations happen in the life of a cop, and not only good ones. It can lead to psychological problems of varying complexity.
Successful tips on dating a cop
- Be honest. It is good advice for all relationships, especially with a cop. Cops have many connections, and your reputation may suffer in case of deceit or fraud.
- Don’t ask for too much time. For a police officer, his job will always come first. Accept this fact, respect his choice, and find activities for yourself. Otherwise, your relationship will not work.
- Be supportive. If you can organize life for your partner and offer coziness and comfort at home, they will appreciate it. After a hard day, any person wants comfort and coziness most of all.
- Accept uncertainty as fact. Yes, your travels and other plans will often be thwarted because of his (her) work. Learn to enjoy what you have and enjoy the little things.