A relationship with a dentist has its pros and cons, and we’ll talk about them in the article. We also invite you to check out tips for dating dentists and a selection of attractive profiles of this profession on various dating platforms.
What’s it like dating a dentist?
A relationship with a dentist is an interesting experience anyway. You may like these people or not like them, but you will definitely remember them. They attract attention with their calmness, love of life, confidence, and, of course, a beautiful smile. These people are generally doing well in life—they have good salaries, prefer quality clothes (though they wear quite simple ones), and they invest in health; they have come a long way for this. It generally takes 8 years to become a professional: 4 years to earn a bachelor’s degree as an undergraduate and 4 years to earn a DDS or DMD in dental school.
Despite many good qualities dentists have, they are not perfect. They have specific features that are not suitable for everyone in a relationship. You must be prepared that dentists will devote much time to their profession. Sometimes they work irregular hours, which can be unbearable for their partners at first.
In addition, doctors have a fair amount of cynicism and medical humor. They may seem a bit callous or strange at first to many people because of those traits, but this is just a professional deformation that, however, can significantly influence personal relationships.
Pros & Cons of dating a dentist
- Dentists make good money. It is one of the most prestigious professions, which means you will have a partner who is confident in his future.
- Dentists know a lot about health. All doctors have an excellent medical base, and dentists are no exception. If you have health problems, you can always turn to your partner.
- Dentists are smart and witty. It’s impossible to get bored near such a person.
- They may be too attentive to your health. At the slightest problem, they may insist that you take care of it right away.
- Sometimes they are overconfident. Dentists have an excellent social position, which makes them frivolous or arrogant sometimes.
- Too much work involvement. Not all people like to date careerists. You have to consider his schedule and passion for work.
Successful tips on dating a dentist
- If you have passion for your work—show it. Usually, dentists like their profession (otherwise, they would not be able to go through the long learning path), so they need to have a passionate person next to them.
- Take care of your oral hygiene and more. In the profession, dentists are very attentive to hygiene and smell. Take care of your body at the highest level, any person will appreciate that.
- Develop intelligence. Read scientific books and articles and constantly learn something new. Doctors are lifelong learners.
- Respect your partner’s decisions. If you want to change the person next to you, he will not appreciate it. He values his life too much.